Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Diary of an IVF Cycle - Reading Tea Leaves

The wait till the blood test on Friday is making my hyper-conscious of anything happening to my body. Cramps - is that a good thing and a sign of a growing uterus or my body trying to get me to stop taking the hormones? Breast tenderness and swelling - sign of pregnancy or PMS? Related - are you serious that I did not fill out the top of that bridesmaid dress? Well, there's a first time for everything. Nausea - food poisoning, morning/afternoon sickness, or the worst case of nerves ever? Pain in my toe - Teddy get off my foot. And my least favorite and cause for some panic, spotting. It was very little blood and stopped within 24 hours, but still added to the stress. If spotting doesn't freak you out you're either male or lying, or maybe both.

I've been told that all of these are normal and don't indicate anything one way or the other.

5 comments:

Lesli said...

Jay and I are hoping and praying for you. Hang in there....

L said...

thinking of you and sending good karma your way.

Gina said...

Has Teddy started acting strange around you? More clingy or protective?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Natascha said...

Hi Alicia-
Just wanted to let you know I'm out here thinking about you guys - and praying really hard. :). Will keep reading whatever happens :). Life's journey is not always what we want or plan it to be...but it will be good in its own way if you have the strength to let it :) :) :).

Anonymous said...

The thought of you having to pad a bra makes me giggle.