Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Not the swine flu

After getting fully vaccinated last week, yesterday I came down with something. After conferring with the doctor this morning it looks like it's just a cold. There's no fever, so they don't think it's the flu (either kind) but if I do come down with a fever they will be getting me a prescription. For the next few days it's rest and lots of fluids for me. I have been around people who had been exposed to swine flu, but the time between when I saw them and when I started to feel nasty wasn't enough time for me to get sick. The doctor said that I might be having a reaction to the shot, but not to worry. So everyone, don't worry. Mom and Gloria I'm looking at you specifically.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, isn't Matt on the exposed list?

Hoping it's just the regular seasonal gunge...

Gloria said...

Hi Alicia I'll call tonight but if there is no fever I am not concerned. I think rest and fluids is good no matter what. Your father would probably be more up on this that I, but it's too early for seasonal flu, so I am thinking a cold/mild swine(Takes the vaccine some time to work, so your exposure may result in a mild case) Either way as long as your fever isn't too high or your breathing is not labored, you'll be fine - make sure Matt pampers you properly. XO