Friday, January 23, 2009

Birthday Bonanza

Late January and February are birthday central in my family. I turned 30, Matt turned 31 and both of our mothers turned...one year older. We've celebrated at some of our favorite places, Sonoma for my birthday and Del Merei for Matt's. I even had dinner with an old friend at one of my new favorite places, Bangkok Joe's. It was seriously fantastic and had great Mai Tais.

Because of the celebrations, and then work exploding for both Matt and I, we haven't been cooking at home. I finally went to the grocery store yesterday and went home and made my first pot roast. I didn't grow up with pot roast, and have only eaten it a couple times, but there are certain people who have made it (Kev) that it began to make me feel like I should at least try. I broke out my copy of Julia Child and went to work. I'll post the final recipe after I make it again with a couple of tweaks. I will say that I took it out of the oven and Matt and I both said, "You know, I don't really like the smell of pot roast." In the end it worked out well, but needs some work.

No comments: