Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tastebuds are back!!

So the mucus fairy who has been trying to kill me for the last few months might finally be beaten. However, now I'm in a position where I won't be cooking much the next few weeks because I won't be home. In light of this here are a few things I've learned over the past month.

-Train picnics are fun and champagne out of a can is very fun. I don't recommend using the straw that comes with the can on the train unless you want to put your eye out.
-My friend makes great guacamole.
-Electrolyte enhanced water might be the greatest thing since coffee.
-Dark pubs that serve chicken sandwiches that taste like fish are a little suspect. Also, I have now seen the world's largest order of nachos.
-It is possible to go to RI and not have clam chowder. It is also possible to go to Philly and not have a cheese steak.
-Vegan pizza with whole wheat crust and veggie burger crumbles is much better than it sounds, but I'm still never going to get Matt to try it.
-I would not eat a mooseburger.
-While I don't generally like yellow squash or zucchini, if the squash has both green and yellow on it I like it.
-Cucumber plants grow into Godzilla. Also, squirrels like tomatoes but not cucumbers.
-Teddy likes all kind of cheese, pasta, and risotto, but not carrots. However she will still beg for carrots.

Questions I have for the next few weeks.
-Will the chocolate ice cream at Stanford football games be as good as I remember it being? How much better will the football game be now that I can drink?
-Is it possible to be in San Francisco and not have sourdough? Is it possible to be in San Diego and not have guacamole?
-How long will a watermelon, a cantaloupe, or a butternut squash last in the fridge?
-Why have I never put caramelized onions in mashed potatoes before?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would totally eat a mooseburger, unless that moose was killed by could-be-president-Palin.

I'm sure you could be in San Francisco without eating sourdough, but why would you want to?