Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries

A certain someone (ahem..Jen) is a little obsessed with sweet potato fries. I hadn't had them for a very long time until she made them for me on Saturday.

(Side note - I was over there starting a quilt so Teddy wouldn't try and eat the fabric and/or step on stray pins. The quilt is now halfway quilted and I might actually finish it by the end of the month.)

After I had them, I began to crave them again in about three hours. Last night I was able to talk Matt into letting me make them. He couldn't remember if he liked them or not, so I gave him permission eat ice cream with dinner if he didn't. Of course he did, so they are now going to become a regular menu item at our house.

Sweet Potato Fries
Makes enough for two sides

2 sweet potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1/4" fries
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
Non-stick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray. Place fries on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and toss to cover. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper over fries and toss again until well combined. Bake for 30 - 45 minutes (check starting at 25 minutes to make sure no edges are burning) and broil for the last five minutes to make a little crisper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny..this is really close to how I usually make them. I cheated on Saturday and bought pre-cut. Meh.